Press Invitation – Inauguration Flowertime
Press moment on 11 August 2017 from 9 to 12am.
The Board of Mayor and Aldermen of the City of Brussels and the association of the Brussels Flower Carpet are pleased to invite you to the inauguration moment of Flowertime from 9 till 12am, on the 11th of August.
The third edition of Flowertime will take place from the 11th to the 15th of August 2017. This biennial flower art event, whose central theme is "flowers and fruits", will transform the Grand-Place and the City Hall of Brussels into a genuine floral paradise.
More than twenty leading Belgian florists will take on the decoration of City Hall’s thirteen halls and rooms, while 60 Brussels children will be laying out three small carpets of vegetables and fruits on the Grand-Place.
Please confirm your presence and request any interview or report opportunities via our press service before Wednesday, the 9th of August 2017: Laure Vandeghinste – [email protected] – +32 (0) 2/ 893 98 76 - +32 (0) 479 60 45 92.
Press programme Flowertime 2017
8, 9, 10 and 11 August 2017: installation of the exhibition
- 10 August from 9am: florist Geoffroy Mottart dresses up Manneken Pis with a floral flourish.
- 8, 9, 10 and 11 August, only by appointment: the opportunity to witness the installation of Flowertime.
11 August 2017: press day and opening to the public
- From 9 to 12am: media moment. The florists apply the finishing touches to the exhibition. On the Grand-Place, 60 children will be laying out three small carpets of vegetables and fruits.
- Throughout the morning, the press can meet with and talk to the organizers and the florists. Please send your interview requests to [email protected] beforehand.
- Please note: City Hall will remain closed between 12am and 1pm, in order to allow preparations for the event.
- At 1pm, the exhibition will be opened to the general public.
Practical information about the event:
- Flowertime & Flowernights: on 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 August 2017
- Regular exhibition visits
- 11 August: the exhibition is accessible from 1 to 7pm, with final admissions by 6.30pm.
- 12, 13, 14 and 15 August: the exhibition is accessible from 10am to 10 pm, with final admissions by 9.30pm. From 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. visitors can enjoy live music.
- Admission: 7 euros (the Grand-Place can be accessed freely). Sales: online via www.flowertime.be and at the box office on the day.
- 12, 13, 14 and 15 August: from 7.30 to 10pm, with final admissions by 9pm, nocturne with a floral gourmet menu by Master chef Claude Pohlig.
- Admission: 35 euros. Sales: exclusively online via www.flowertime.be.