Held every two years so as not to clash with the Grand Place being covered in its Flower Carpet, the floral art festival Flowertime transforms Brussels City Hall into a wonderful, summer flower garden. This year’s edition runs from Wednesday 14 to Sunday 18 August and promises to be more international than ever.
On the theme of “A World of Floral Emotions”, more than 30 top florists from 13 countries will decorate the magnificent rooms of Brussels City Hall, a Unesco masterpiece of Gothic architecture. Brussels’ famous Grand Place will host for the occasion a stunning flower arch composed of 500 fuchsias.
Flowertime 2019: press program
12 and 13 August 2019: set-up of the exhibition
- 12 and 13 August: by appointment only: possibility to follow the set-up of the exhibition
- 12 August from 9 am (until Friday 16 August): Manneken-Pis gets dressed up for Flowertime by floral artist Geoffroy Mottart.
Wednesday, August 14, 2019: press preview of the exhibition and opening for the general public
- From 7 am to 10 am: construction of the fuchsia arch on Brussels' Grand Place
- From 9 am to 12 noon: exclusive preview of the exhibition for the press. The florists put the finishing touches to their artwork. Accredited journalists and photographs can follow the final preparations throughout the morning.
- The exhibition opens to the public at 1 pm (doors close at 6.30 pm on 14 August).
Please confirm your attendance before August 9 and send interview and film requests to:
Brussels Flower Carpet Association - Karel Goethals - email@example.com - +32 (0) 485 82 96 52
Please find more details about Flowertime in the attached press file.
Info & tickets at www.flowertime.be